Sunday, August 17, 2008

BIG NEWS!

Well folks, looks like my dear, sweet family may possibly be enduring their very first hurricane without me! I am SO JEALOUS. As of sometime late tonight (morning really), I will be mini-vaned down to MIA (an airport abbreviation that I have never been too fond of) and shortly thereafter, board a plane to Guatemala.

As I mentioned in previous posts, I am donating 4 days of my time to some folks who are doing good work there. I've never met them and don't really know any more details than that, so you'll forgive me if I save my report until after I get home.

Please, if you are a praying person, toss out a few for my family while I am away. I have no worries for my own safety, but who can stop you for praying for me as well? Certainly not I.

For my money, I'm expecting this "Fay" to be no more than a tropical storm by the time it hits here. We shall see.

UPDATE:

Progress on our 30-minute TV program continues to be phenomenal. Seriously, I am STOKED. Special thanks to my wife, parents, and brother who have endured countless "rough" versions, replete with missing footage, poor audio, text slates, and incessant "this will be different"s from me. They have offered immeasurable feedback along the way.

So where do things stand?

I am happy to report that I will be taking a version of the program with me to Guatemala in order that I may watch it several thousand times on my iphone and let stuff really start to bug me. This is a critical part of the creative process. When I am fortunate enough to get this opportunity, I can really nit-pick the piece into semi-perfection. I am tre-happy about this and have you, our gracious supporters, to thank for that.

What's that? You say YOU haven't supported us? Well, goodness gracious! I would be remiss if I didn't offer you this unique opportunity to do so! Please CLICK HERE to email us and let us know how much you would like to send. We are still needing $935.00 to make our expenses for the month. THAT'S SO CLOSE!

To send any support, please make a check out to ReNET (our 501(c)3 umbrella), mark it for "Haiti", and mail it to:

ReNET
2867 N. 200 E.
Anderson IN 46012.

Really, there are SO MANY THINGS TO REPORT and not enough time before I leave. Literally, all my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. So I'm gonna cut this transmission for now and say THANK YOU again to all of you who have been so supportive during this time.

If I can report from Guatemala, I certainly will. If not, then look for my next posting on Friday (assuming the house hasn't been blown over).

Thanks!
Luke

No comments:

Username: