Thursday, November 27, 2008

Starting somewhere.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am home from Dubai and recovering from jet lag and a 98-hour, 6-day run.

After witnessing the most amazing fireworks display ever (the people from The Guinness Book of World Records were there to take note) and breathing the same air with...

Charlize Theron



Chris Tucker



Robert DeNiro



Janet Jackson,



and more...





I am now back to what I consider normalcy.

Wouldn't you know it, Haiti never left my mind!

And so begins the next wave of our journey. On Monday, I will be picking up the phone and tackling the all-important task of fund raising. We have such a long way to go, but I believe that we can see a miracle happen.

As I look back on the journey thus-far, I am so very thankful that God has seen fit to carry me into so many diverse situations (both personally and professionally) and to see me through to the other side with little more than a renewed sense of purpose.

I have been in some of the world's most amazing places. I have spent time with some of humanity's most celebrated persona. I have been wined and dined. But the fact remains, I am sold... totally committed to Haiti and this cause we are on.

The flash is just flash. What is real are the people that we know and love. What is real is the task we find ourselves assigned to.

Go with us God.
We simply cannot do this without you.

No comments:

Username: